Born in 1978, Amy Barker grew up on Queensland's Gold Coast as well as the Tasman Peninsula, where her paternal family are seventh generation Tasmanians. She attended the University of Queensland where she studied Arts/Law and obtained an English Literature degree after abandoning law. She also graduated with distinction from a Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing from Queensland University of Technology. She won the Queensland Premier’s Literary Award for Best Emerging Author for her debut novel Omega Park, which was published by University of Queensland Press.
Omega Park (2009)
Paradise Earth (2020)
- Winner 2008 Queensland Premier’s Literary Award for Best Emerging Author
- Shortlisted 2010 FAW Christina Stead Award
- Winner 2012 IBBY Australia Ena Noël Award
- Gold Medal Winner 2020 IPPY Awards for Best Regional Fiction
- Finalist 2020 International Book Awards